CrossFit is a community sport. With community comes good manners. So here are a couple of ground rules while in our Box:
– Early is on time, on time is late, late is not a good time for anyone. Please try to arrive at least 5 minutes before class starts. It is very disruptive if you rock up 10 minutes into class and the coach has to explain the workout all over again. Unless you have an emergency, there is no reason to be tardy.
– Introduce yourself! We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming. That means YOU need to be friendly and welcoming. If you are new, don’t be shy, introduce yourself. If you are old, make the newbies feel welcome.
– Pack away your equipment! Remember that song when you were a kid? “clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere, clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!” It’s just good manners to put away the equipment that you used in the right spot!
– Clean up your sweaty mess. We love you, but we don’t want your DNA left all over our floors.
– Don’t pack your equipment away until EVERYONE is finished with their workout. Just because you’re finished suffering doesn’t mean everyone else is… cheer your mates on!
– Respect the chalk. We ALL love good chalking, but please try to keep it to a minimum. That stuff gets EVERYWHERE and it ain’t cheap.
– Respect our plates and bars. PLEASE do not drop empty bars or bars with 5kg plates. Be gentle with the 10kg, do what you want with those 15s and 20s.
– Keep shower time to a minimum. Yes, we want you to get clean but don’t forget there are other people who don’t want to go to work stinky.
– Be aware of the people around you when you are training. We all want to smash the WOD, but please don’t smash each other